Madusudan Law College has the richest Law Library of the state which is as old as the College itself. It has about 30 thousand numbers of books and journals on various branches of Law. The library is constantly updated with the aid received from the University and U.G.C. The library was previously housed in the famous Burdhwan Kothi but has been shifted to main building as the old building was demolished.
The library is managed by a team of technical personnel headed by an Assistant librarian, who is actively supported by five number of technical assistant.
A Xerox machine is attached to the Library to facilitate the students, teachers and researches to make out copies from books and journals.
- The Library shall remain open on all working days from 8-00 A.M to 2-00 P.M During the examination period, library will be kept open only for two hours after the examination is over to facilitate the students to refer to any books and journals but no books will be issued to the students.
- The issue counter will be closed at 1-30P.M. to facilitate for arrangement of books in the proper place.
- Every bonafide student of the college shall be issued a library card at the beginning of the session. The library card is not transferable. In case of loss, a duplicate card will be issued on application made to the librarian and on payment of Rs. 5/-.
- Each under-graduate student will be issued a maximum of 3 books at a time and the pos-Graduate Students will be issued a maximum of 5 books at a time.
- LL.B and LL.M. students may retain the books issued for a maximum period of 15 days and 30 days respectively. In case of failure on the part of a student to return the books within 15 days and 30 days as the case may be, a fine of Rs.0.50 paisa per day will be charged on each book excluding holidays.
- Books once issued to a student will not be reissued to him/her and the same can only be reissued after a lapse of at least 15 days.
- While receiving a book, the borrower must examine the condition of the book and bring to the notice of the Librarian, damages in the book, if any, if mutilation in the books is discovered later, the borrower would be held liable for the same and would be required to replace the book with a new one or pay the present price of the book.
- No books shall be taken out of the Library without the permission of the library staff or except when the same has been entered in the loan Register.
- No note or markings shall be made in the library books nor the pages be removed or mutilated.
- Students shall observe silence in the library premises and shall not obstruct the staff members in any manner in discharging their duties.
- Students are not permitted to the book racks/almiras without the permission of the librarian.
- After the library clearance is given for form fill up, students will be issued 2books only on production of their respective identity cards on daily issue basis they are required to refer these books in the college and return the books before the issue counter closes, failing which fine of Rs.5/- per book per day will be imposed.
- Reference books, Journals, rare books and dissertation/thesis papers can only be issued to be referred to inside the library and same can in no case be taken outside the library.
- The principal may ask any borrower to return the books issued to him even before the last date for return.
- In the summer vacation library will remain opened. No books will be issued out of library. However, students may refer two books and journals inside the library only.
- Library premises shall not be used for any purpose other than reading or referring books and journals.
- Eating, smoking and sleeping etc. inside the library are strictly prohibited.
- Students are required to return the books issued to them before the filling up of forms university examination and obtain necessary clearance failing which they shall not be permitted to fill up their forms.
- A student is required to produce his/her identity card/library card whenever demanded inside the library.
- The professor, readers and lecturers of the college may be issued 25,20and 15 books respectively for a maximum period of 2 month. Non-teaching staff members may be issued 2 books only for a maximum period of one month.
- Rules regarding fine as applicable to the students will also apply to the teaching and non-teaching staff members.
- Loss of any books shall be immediately reported to the library and the borrower is to replace the books or is to pay the present price of the book lost.